Re: orion Qumran ostracon

I, Stephen Goranson, forward the following message, with his kind
permission, from Prof. James Strange, excavation director when the new
Qumran ostraca were found. Note that the two >> and >>> quotes are  (orion)
text of Greg Doudna, who I thank for his views. Dr. Magen is Yitshak Magen,
who dug at Qumran afterward, with A. Drori. A report (beyond newspaper
accounts), to my knowledge, of the latter excavation, has not yet appeared.
I thank Prof. Strange.