orion D. Washburn's suggestion on "tone"

If Dave Washburn's intentions were other than his words, how can I tell? I
responded because I did not want to leave the misimpression that I
considered Ph. Davies to be closed-minded or one who was committed to
Essene history rejection. (Some others apparently are.)
As to tone, I had not responded to Dave Washburn's previous post, in which
his retort to my ideas was "I don't think so, Tim." I admit to being slow
to understand this : - ). Apparently, this is from the TV show, "Tool
Time," (a funny show), where it is used to characterize Tim as a buffoon.
Is this his recommended "tone"? I welcome honest, open discussion from
anyone who has done the relevant reading.
Sincerely, Stephen Goranson