Re: orion on R. Gmirkin's proposals

S. Goranson wrote:
> 6. That some Qumran texts (e.g., some pesherim and S) are Essene is no
> mere "assumption." They tell us they are Essene. 4QpNah (or 1QpHab or
> S) would have eventually been recognized as Essene (if I may
> hypothesize)  had it been found in the Cairo Genizah or the St.
> Petersburg Library or a Kansas City flea market. The Essene
> identification IMHO will outlive us all; it is ineluctable. Only
> "methods" which exclude Essenes a priori avoid this obvious conclusion.

I may have missed something in my personal flurry of mundane
activity, having recently been a slave to the "tyranny of the urgent"
but now trying to cast off that yoke; can you elaborate on how and
where these texts tell us they are Essene?  What's the actual
wording, etc.?

Dave Washburn
dwashbur@nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/home.html