Re: orion dating; Essenes; a priori

On Sat, 02 Aug 1997 19:25:19 GMT Dale Cannon
<dale.cannon@BBS.NIGHTOWL.NET> wrote:

> Why can some [Qumran scrolls] at least not be from other sources
[than Essenes]?

No one I know claims Essenes *composed* every text found at Qumran.
This is common knowledge and is not a current issue on orion. What I
have claimed, as you can check if you read it again, is that the
*collection* is Essene. And they composed many of the texts.
	Allow me to make my point in other words:
Writing a history of Qumran without mentioning Essenes is like
writing a biography of Emily Dickinson and not mentioning she was a
poet.
stephen goranson
goranson@acpub.duke.edu