Re: orion AMS dating

Dear Dick Ferman, My point is simply that a midpoint of the date ranges
cannot serve simultaneously as a terminus date for all the manuscripts.
I don't wish to pursue a long exchange on AMS dating, because what I
know about this I merely read in Radiocarbon and 'Atiqot and elsewhere,
which I recommend to you. But, so as not to ignore your post addressed
to me (on this subject addressing the list generally might be more
appropriate), I'll respond: 1) no; and I don't know; 2) yes; 3)opinions
vary; 4) opinions vary; and 5) it could be so; I would not be
surprised; but it may not be safe to presume this, except maybe in
those cases the bedouin mentioned.
S. goranson