Re: orion Stephen Goranson & Josephus

At 17:36 23/07/97 -7000, dwashbur@nyx.net wrote:
>This is only true if we redefine "reason" to fit certain preconceived
>notions.

The first and primary definition listed in Webster's dictionary is hardly a
preconceived notion.

>> In this forum  it must be demonstrated by logic from the evidence.
>
>No, by your definition of this forum it must be this way, but not
>everyone here accepts your definition of this forum, nor should they
>have to.  Let me reiterate that I was speaking historically.

Scholarly implies logic and the scientific method.  The investigation of
history is no exception.  This is purported to be a scholarly forum.

>You can't have it both ways.  You said that questions of Torah
>observance are the sine qua non of Christianity vs. Judaism, and I
>pointed out that this statement is incorrect.

Your assertion that my statement is incorrect relies on the same reasoning
that concluded the sun is made of butter.

And please desist from the 'agenda' conspiracy insinuations.
Yirmiyahu Ben-David
Paqid 16, Qehilat Ha-Netzarim (Nazarene Jews)
www.netzarim.co.il
Ra'anana, Israel