Re: orion Orion Sadducees (MMT) et al, Part 1

At 17:47 17/07/97 -0500, Jerry A. Micelle wrote:
>Is there any historical evidence outside the Book of Acts that
>demonstrates a connection between Y'shua and his immediate followers and
>the Jamesian community (Netzarim)?

I leave it to thelist moderator to advise whether this is appropriate to
Ori~n or should be diverted to private communications.  I'll answer that
there is and leave the rest to private email if you are interested.

>Would the evidence of kinship gleaned from the Gospels support
>intellectual or doctrinal agreement between Y'shua
>and James?

In the Gospels we have many difficulties (all unrelated to Ori~n) concerning
later redactions, that Eusebius records that the Netzarim didn't accept the
Gospels (only 'their own Hebrew Matityahu'), etc.  There are a myriad
difficulties, but I doubt they are appropriate in Ori~n.  I'll be happy to
discuss them privately if you wish.

>Is it logical to divorce the message of the Gospel from the historical
>Jesus and
>continue to talk about proto-Christianity?

Absolutely, and again this is probably outside the scope of Ori~n and I'll
be happy to clarify privately, unless the list moderator has no objection (??)
BeVirkot Torah,

Yirmiyahu Ben-David
Paqid 16, Global Congregation of Nazarene Jews

Netzarim Virtual Community Center
www.netzarim.co.il
Ra'anana, Israel

		Netzarim...  Authentic