Re: orion "Qumran sect" dogma

At 22:34 25/05/97 +0200, Ian Hutchesson wrote:
>"sect" means a religious group not accepted as mainstream religion by those
>contemporaries who say what the prevailing mainstream is.

As I suggested in my last message, your definition of sect seems to be the
problem.  Your definition is not Webster's definition.  According to
Webster's New World Dictionary, sect also means "specif., a faction of a
larger group."  A sect is not necessarily "not accepted as mainstream."  A
sect can also be a distinguishable element within the mainstream religion,
manifesting characteristic and defining differences but not *necessarily*
differences which place it outside the "mainstream." which is the way I've
used it and, perhaps, the way some others are using it.
Biy-V'rakhot Torah,

Yirmiyahu Ben-David
Paqiyd 16, Global Congregation of Nazarene Jews

Netzarim Viritual Community Center
www.netzarim.co.il
Ra'anana, Israel

		Netzarim...  Authentic