Re: orion 4QMMT (c)

At 13:25 16/05/97 -0500, Jim West wrote:
>In this document, line 10-11, reference is made to "the Book of Moses and
>... The prophets and David".  Schiffman suggests that the reference to David
>concerns the "Davidic Monarchy".
>
>It seems to me, however, that the reference to David concerns the Psalms (or
>the third division of Tanak).
>
>Is Schiffman correct here?
>
>Thanks,
>

>Jim
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++
>Jim West, ThD
>Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
>Managing Editor, "The Journal of Biblical Studies" at
>http://web.infoave.net/~jwest/index.htm
>(submissions welcome!)
>
>jwest@highland.net

I agree with Elisha Qimron: "In this context DVYD probably refers not only
to the Psalms of David, but rather to the Hagiographa.  This is a
significant piece of evidence for the history of the tripartite division of
the Canon (see p 4.1.4.2)" (Discoveries, p. 59, note 10).

Biy-V'rakhot Torah,

Yirmiyahu Ben-David
Paqiyd 16, Global Congregation of Nazarene Jews

Netzarim Viritual Community Center
www.netzarim.co.il
Ra'anana, Israel

		Netzarim...  Authentic