CALL FOR PAPERS-IOSCS

My apologies for you who receive this twice due to my cross-posting.

Ben Wright
Lehigh University

CALL FOR PAPERS   --   JANUARY 1997

     The International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies will
meet this year in San Francisco, CA, in conjunction with the Society of
Biblical Literature and the American Academy of Religion.  The meeting
dates as 22-27 November, 1997.
     Any IOSCS member interested in presenting a paper should send me a
proposal by  March 15 at the latest.  Your proposal should contain your
name, the name of your academic institution, the title of your proposed
paper, and a summary or abstract of the paper.  The summary should be no
more than 300 words in length and must be doubled spaced.  In keeping with
the description provided by the SBL, your abstract should:  "State the
problem, the essential background, and your conclusions...Be precise and
brief:  everyone knows you will provide more detail and a defense of your
conclusions at ht meeting."  Also make sure that it is clear which session
you are interested in.
     SBL members will find the necessary forms and further information in
the current SBL Call for Papers.  Others can obtain the forms, etc., from
the SBL web site or from me.
     I am confident that we will continue our tradition of presenting a
strong and interesting program at each of our meetings.
     I can be contacted through any of the following means:
MAIL:  Leonard Jay Greenspoon
          Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization
          Creighton University
          2500 California Plaza