Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:49:27 +0200 (IST)
From: avigdor horovitz <victor@bgumail.bgu.ac.il>
To: orion@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il
Cc: Seth L Sanders <feste@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>, orion@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il
Subject: Re: yahad ostracon (fwd)

Dear Fred,
I was not in NO so I didn't hear Esty's presentation nor have I yet seen
the document or the questionable reading.  But, I can ask What other
possible restorations are there for YXD which will make sense in the
context of the document and the historical context? The possible
restorations are YHD, YWD, YHD, YLD, YSD, Y(D, YQD, YRD, YTD.  Which of
these makes sense? DO any of them come close to being acceptable
paleographically? Since nothing can be said with certainty in our field
(including this statement!), we must ask what is possible, and from the
possible, what is most likely?
 Avigdor