Re: Oxford UP DSS CD-ROM

Dear Hans van der Meij,

I hope that my mail was not included in the bad net manners ... as I
today presented the prices mentioned in the brochure which I have in
front of me.

The problem is that the price may be so high for many institutions
that they cannot afford to pay it without so-to-speak cancelling
their budget for another year. It means that special fondings will have
to be found, or that the decision makers will decide that they will
have to do with the microfix edition which is excellent but not quite
competitive.

I saw the demonstration in NO, and their is no doubt in my mind that
some of us have to break into some  bank to find the money - as the
cd's are probably indispensible for any scholar who in the future
wants to do serious work in this field. And of course you could say
that to pay around 7000$ for having almost access to the scrolls
themselves, that is cheap. But still, it is a kind of knock out
price.

Sincerely

NPL

Niels Peter Lemche