Re: Calendar, MMT & Enoch (longish)

>>It's use of "Belial" language points in the same direction.
>Moshe Shulman has added a timely comment on Belial here that should adjust
>this line of thought.

It should be noted that Belial means 'without god', or in English godless
people.

>>  I find it
>>difficult to accept MMT predating the Hellenistic Crisis of 175 BCE, as MMT
>>appears to contain specific opposition to Pharisee positions.  Agreed?
>I gather this is the Schiffman "pouring of liquids" argument. I wouldn't pin
>too much credence on this one argument notwithstanding its long enduring
>nature.  Perhaps, I have missed other arguments you might like to use to
>make Pharisaic connections with the situations mentioned in MMT.

I am likewise not convinced on this, however the 'red heifer' laws are a
clincher.

For those not familiar according to the Talmud they specifically made someone
who was a Tovel Yom do the ceremonies with regards to the red heifer. A Tovel
Yom was one who was unclean for a day period, and had already immersed in the
Mikvah, but the sun had not set on that day. They (the Pharisees and Rabbis)
held a Tovel Yom could perform the service involved with the red heifer. 4Q394
13-15 make it clear that they are in disagreement with this.

--