Re: Nabonidus

Gunnar,

I am heavily into the topic of the origins of the Daniel stories. I
am trying to write a dissertation on the background of Daniel--its
mileu--and the origin and redaction of the tales figures into this.

I would be happy to keep in touch and have an ongoing discussion!

What have you read so far on the topic?

> From:          Gunnar Stacke <gunnar.stacke@mailbox.swipnet.se>
> To:            "'DSS'" <orion@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il>
> Subject:       Re: Nabonidus
> Date:          Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:31:48 +-100

> Thanks to all of you have have contributed to the discussion about the Prayer
of Nabonidus that went on a few weeks ago on this list. I have benefitted a lot
from the different postings.

> My principle focus is the book of Daniel, and I am particularly interested in
possible Mesopotamian influences on the tales of chapters 2-6. Now I
understand that such a topic does not fit very well>

> Gunnar Stacke
> research student of the Old Testament, University of Lund
> gunnar.stacke@mailbox.swipnet.se
Glenn Wooden
Acadia Divinity College
Wolfville N.S.