Re: Nabonidus

Thanks to all of you have have contributed to the discussion about the Prayer of Nabonidus that went on a few weeks ago on this list. I have benefitted a lot from the different postings.

My principle focus is the book of Daniel, and I am particularly interested in possible Mesopotamian influences on the tales of chapters 2-6. Now I understand that such a topic does not fit very well within the scope of the DSS list. However, if anybody has some thoughts about the pre-history of the tales of Daniel, and is willing to share them with me privately, I would be very happy.

Gunnar Stacke
research student of the Old Testament, University of Lund
gunnar.stacke@mailbox.swipnet.se