Wise's "New Translation"

  I soon will be getting a copy of  "The Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation,"
by Michael Wise, Martin
Abegg, and Edward Cook (HarperSanFrancisco, 1996) to review.
  Late last month, I saw a few comments on the book here, including a few
critical points by Steven Goranson. I happened to to have snagged his message,
but no others.
  I would be interested in reading what some of you who have had a chance to go
through this book think of it -- both in its finer particulars and whether it
might contribute (positively or negatively) to the public appreciation and
understanding of the scrolls.
  If this is not a suitable place to discuss it, I still would like to hear from
some in this field via personal email or by phone if anyone cares to call.

Thanks,
  David Crowder
  El Paso Times
  75352.2352@compuserve.com