Re: document uniformity

Quite right, Avigdor; and in my book I have my own suggestion to make
as to the lack of such literature in ancient Judah/Judaea. But the
point is, this lack is not merely an "Israelite" phenomenon. A fair
amount has been produced by Loretz and Tropper on divination in
Ugarit, and yet the fact remains that the very few texts that could
be said to fall into this category represent only an infinitesimal
fraction of the total number of texts emerging from the sites in
question. And this fact remains puzzling when we compare it with the
situation in Mesopotamia or, for that matter, in Anatolia.

Fred