Re: DSS Scribes

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Frederick Cryer wrote:

> Doudna and I plan to investigate to get some precise figures; but
> offhand I'd say Golb is right about that, at least.
>
> Fred

Fred,

It would be helpful to do this investigation with an eye to what are
usually considered "sectarian" documents.  So, for example, how many
scribal hands are evident in the pesher literature, Damascus Document,
Serek HaYahad, as compared to the biblical manuscripts, Aramaic documents.

Bill Schniedewind
UCLA