MMT & TR

Russell:
>I agree with your assessment.  I'd rate the ground somewhere between mud &

quicksand....  If MMT reflects a difference of opinion between Sadducee
halakhah and Pharisee, as Qimron et al have shown, I don't see how such a
dispute could be projected back to the time of Jason or Menelaus.<

Well this puts me in hip boots looking for a branch to grab regarding
holding out a possibility that Khonyo III was the 1st TR.  Yet, I guess I'm

still not convinced that such a dispute couldn't have dated back to the
earlier time.  Why not?  While the P'rushim split off as a distinct group
only c. 165 - 160 BCE, as a reconizable faction they trace back before two
centuries after the Babylonian Exile.  How can we know when the schism
began
developing before the actual split?

09:57:11 Y'rushalayim Time, 10/30/96
Yirmiyahu Ben-David, Paqiyd 16; Ra'anana, Israel
Q'hiylat Ha-N'tzarim
(Global Congregation of Nazarene Jews)

N'tzarim Virtual Community Center:
www.netvision.net.il/~netzarim