response to D.J. Kaufman

Dear David,
With all due respect:
1) To the best of my knowledge, Philo does not link Essenes (Essaioi) with
Isaiah (by any spelling).
2) To the best of my knowledge, Philo (who, of course, lived in Egypt) does
not link Essenes (or the Therapeutae) with the Jewish temple in Egypt.
3) I could be mistaken, but I read you as saying, in effect, here are
my arguments that the khirbeh at Qumran is not related to the Qumran
cave mss, and I will not entertain arguments that may relate the two
because such is unknowable. That's the sort of view I consider
unwarranted (spelled correctly this time).
collegially, Stephen Goranson