Re: Nazareth Tombs

>>	There have been about two dozen tombs found anywhere from 60 yards to
>>750 yards to the north, west and south of the Church of the Annunciation.  The
>>placement of the tombs give an idea of the limits of the village.
>>	EAEHL III, pp 911-922
>>	Bagatti, B. in Dictionnaire de la Bible, Supplement vi, col. 318-321.
>>	Palestine Exploration Fund Quarterly, 1923, p. 90
>>	Quarterly of the Depat. of Antiquities in Palestine 1, 1931, pp 53-55.
>>
>   Thank you.  This is simple, plain information that disproves my thesis
>   that Nazareth came late.  It doesn't kill the Nazarean argument but
>   it does strengthen it either.  That information has been around longer than
>   I have in some instances, just...
>
>   Curious it was not better known.  Even Schonfield missed it by my reading
>   of him.  Anyone reading contra let me know.

Actually, no it doesn't, Tom. There is good evidence for a town there, but
what was it called? (When did the city known as New York get its name in
relation to the foundation of the place?)

Despite herb's statement regarding the lack of epigraphic records for a lot
of towns, there is no solid evidence for a town called Nazareth at that
time. We should be used to things being adapted to fulfill what is written.

Yours,

Ian Hutchesson