Re: Essene name

I like the Oniad connection suggested by David Jay Kaufman because it links
the desert sectarians with the temple in Egypt and because it establishes a
ritualistic connection which, again, focuses on the temple and worship and
goes back to the priestly origins of these sectarians. Even if the
linguistic ties are not immediately obvious I think that we should try and
place Qumran within a larger framework of dissent from Jerusalem and
alternative ways of looking at the tradition.

Ita Sheres.