Re: Essene and hatchet

Dear Stephen,
You obviously don't know me and have not been on orion long enough to
recognize my bizzare and, I might say, hopefully idiosyncratic sense of
humor.  If you reread my communication, and put it in the context of Herb
Basser's communication to which it responded, you   will realize that it
was meant in fun, totally tongue in cheek, and perhaps a little bit
expressive of my view on a discussion which had (in mine opinion) gone on
for too long and was not producing  significant results.  Akkadian is a
great language and I higly recommend that everybody speak it,
but  not everything in it is relevant to the Bible (only most of it) and
to the best of my limited knowledge very little has been pointed out (with
the exception of aohazey abot in Hodayot) which would make it relevant to
Qumran.

Respectufully,
Avigdor Hurowitz