Re: Nazoreth vs. Nazorean

>BTW, the common confusion
>with Nazirites is just that -- a confusion -- the Greek zeta being used indis-
>criminately to render both the Hebrew letter tzaddi and the Hebrew letter
>zayin. (I wish I had a dollar for every student in my courses who started out
>the course with this particular misapprehension!)
Won't wear this mighty assumption that in an age where word games were often
played that there was no connection made between the branch, the keepers,
and the Nazirites, especially with the birth story of the most famous Nazirite.

Please don't stir this up again, kid. I'm avoiding the subject line myself.

Ian