Re: Essene name

Uri,
     The Urim and Thummim refer to two special stones on the Breastplate
of the High Priest. The Breastplate was part of his ceremonial robes.
This is referred to in multiple places. Below is a list of references
which you might use to research the topic. Please note that these stones
are alse referenced heavily in Morman(LDS) writings. I have read their
literature, but am not a Morman.
     Ex 28:30; Lv 8:8; Nu 27:21; Dt 33:8; 1 Sa 28:6; Ezr 2:63; Ne 7:65.

     If you wish to persue the meaning and ramifications of this and
other divination techniques I will do so off-line so as not to obscure
the purpose and intent of this service.
     I may be reached at ferman@svpal.org

Dick Ferman