Re: Josephus & DSS

netzarim@netvision.net.il wrote:

> [...]

	Yes. The Therapeutae were the Egyptian successors to the Asayyim in
the Holy Land.  They lived by the Mareotic Lake in Egypt and were discussed
and admired by Philo (Contemplative Life).  I believe there was a very close
relationship between the Netzarim and the Asayyim of Jerusalem...if not a
"merger."  The same holds true, I believe, for the Therapeutae which may
heve been the source for the gnostic sects.  I do not believe it is a
coincidence that Yaqub ben-Yosef, as the first Pakiyd of the Netzarim..was
called "ha-Tsedik."

Shelama `amkhon
Jack Kilmon
JPMan@accesscomm.net