Re: ToC of DJD XXII (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:42:56 +0200 (WET)
From: Albert Baumgarten <baumgaa@ashur.cc.biu.ac.il>
To: Orion Center <msorion@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il>
Cc: f13020@vm.biu.ac.il
Subject: Re: ToC of DJD XXII

of recent items taking up the question of the relationship
between the Essenes of classical sources and Qumran texts. As I
include two articles of my own, the list as a whole may be
slanted towards contributions with which I agree. Nevertheless,
I hope others find it useful.
T. Beall, Josephus' Description of the Essenes Illustrated by the
Dead Sea Scrolls (Cambridge, 1988).

F. Garcia Martinez, "Review of Todd S. Beall, Josephus'
Description of the Essenes Illustrated by the Dead Sea Scrolls,"
JSJ 20 (1989), 84-88.

P.R. Davies, "Review of Todd S. Beall, Josephus' Description of
the Essenes Illustrated by the Dead Sea Scrolls," JTS 41 (1990),
164-169.

A.I. Baumgarten, "The Rule of the Martian as Applied to Qumran,"
Israel Oriental Studies 14 (1994), 121-142.

M. Goodman, "A Note on the Qumran Sectarians, the Essenes and
Josephus," JJS 46 (1995), 161-166.

A.I. Baumgarten, "The Temple Scroll, Toilet Practices, and the
Essenes," Jewish History 10 (1996), 9-20.