Re: The lunar or the solar?

>>The proper date for a holiday is determined by the date on a calendar .
>>According to the sect at Q., what would the y in the DSS consider the correct
>>date for the High Holidays?  Would they use the lunar or solar calendar?
>>Steve Abramowitz, JD NYU

JD:

I realized in reading my own response that I had not answered your main
question: what then are the correct dates for the High Holidays. The Day of
Remembrance is the first day of month seven (always Wed), the Day of
Atonement is on the 10th (always Fri) and the Feast of Succoth is on the
15th (always Wed)

Marty

Martin Abegg
Director, Dead Sea Scrolls Institute