Re: Pesher vs. Commentary

Dear David,

Actually, I didn't refer to the chapters 5 to 14 as pesher. What I did do
was ask whether 1) all of Hosea was attested to and 2) there was more of the
Hosea Pesher than for 2:8-12 (revealed amongst later texts analysed) for I
have a copy of a translation of an incomplete pesher on Hos2:8-12. Chapters
5 to 14 can in no sense be thought of as pesher given the examples of the
form found at Qumran.

I hope that clears up any possible confusion in my previous post.

I simply desire to know how much of the text was known from among the Qumran
writings.

Thanks for any help.

Yours,

Ian Hutchesson