Re: Yachad, was Re: Ioudaios: The Dead Sea Scrolls

It's just from reading -- I've said this before -- I am not as well
versed as most peopl writing here -- yet I can conjecture just as well as
anyone else.

>From verious articles in BAR and Br, I see that Qumran could have
possible (?) been a seaport -- there's evidence that might not have been
a monastery at all -- that the Qumran monastics were located at a more
remote side som e distance to the north (possible) -- fine -- again I ask
-- could it be that the caves became a repository for the scrolls from
all over Judea during the wars with the Romans? -- not only monastic
writings but those of varous Jewish sects.  A safe hiding place for what
to them were valuable writings -- and of course tody they h ave become
invaluable.  things are done in times of crisis that are not ordinarily
done -- explainig some questionable findings.