mailto:orion@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il... Holy Spirit

I wonder if the point here might not be something like the distinction
between haRuakh haQedesha (The Holy Spirit) and Ruakh haQodesh (The Spirit
of Holiness, at least as literally translated).  The latter does occur in
the OT (and always I think with a possessive suffix referring to God), but
the former I think does not.  Idiomatically, Ruakh haQodesh can be translated
as "Holy Spirit", but there is some question even among Christians as to
whether "Ruakh haQodesh" is really the same as the NT's "Holy Spirit".

Alexander Pruss
Department of Mathematics
U. of British Columbia