Re: Jesus,"the Holy Spirit",and the Dead Sea Scrolls

Orion friends,
Tom Simms and Jim Deardorff remind me that the term "Holy Spirit", at least
in the English translation, occurs in:

>   Psalms 51:11   Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy
>     spirit from me.
>
>   Isaiah 63:10   But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he
>     was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
>
>   Isaiah 63:11   Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people,
>     saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd
>     of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

What is the basis for Charlesworth's statement that the term "Holy Spirit"
does not appear in OT? What is the underlying Hebrew/Aramaic that
Charlesworth is referring to in the DSS, and is it the same (or different)
from that which occurs in these OT passages? Can anyone help me with this?

I apologize if this rapid succession of messages is foreign to Orion
cyberculture. On "Crosstalk," the pace sometimes seems frantic compared with
Orion!
Thanks,
Bob
Robert Schacht
"This success of my endeavors was due, I believe, to a rule of 'method':
that we should always try to clarify and to strengthen our opponent's
position as much as possible before criticizing him, if we wish our
criticism to be worth while."

Sir Karl Popper, The Logic of Scientific Discovery (1968), p. 260 n.*5