RE: 4Q285

Dear David,
YOur suggestion seems to me quite impossible.  First of all, hu= he would
be spelt with a final aleph or hu'ah depending on the orthographic
conventio of the scribe.  Secondly, even is the hu is to be detached from
the first name and read separately, one can hardly translated "PN is his
prophet" This must be ysh'hu nevihu.  Hebrew places possesive pronouns a
the ends of words and not as inenglish before the word.     English "his
prophet" is in Hebrew "prophet-his".  Also, the spelling of the name you
write can be yeshua only if there is a scribal error of metathesis.  May
I kindly suggest that you review your rules of Hebrew grammar and
orthography before speculating about the possible readings of the DSS.
>From this salvation will come.
SIncerely,
Victor Hurowitz
Dept. of Bible and ANE