Re: 7Q5

>From time to time there are enquiries about the current state of Cave 7
studies, so I am sending details of a recent publication in the German
magazine -Der Spiegel_.

The main article is entitled "Detektive in Hoehle 7", and is a
wide ranging description of recent work on Jesus, referring to Qumran,
Gerd Luedemann, and Thiede's work on Cave 7 and the Madgalen papyrus P46.
There is an description of the debate on the dating of P64, (alas referred
to again as "des Oxforder "Jesus Papyrus"", and a separate article on
the 7Q5 = Mark debate.

There are numerous illustrations, photographs of Thiede, etc., including
an original size reproduction of 7Q5 and one side of the codex P64.

The articles are in _Der Spiegel_ Nr 22, 27 Mai 1996, pp. 64-87, and are
the first part of a series. Next week's articles will be on the Gospels,
Judaism and Rome, etc.

I hope that this may be of interest to some of you.

Michael Day
The University of Reading