7Q5

Having just browsed a book by Carsten Thiede on this very small fragment
written in Greek from Qumran, it reminded me that there was an attempt to
talk about it a while ago on this list. I don't recall anything coming of it.

There is a nice glossy photo of the little fragment and it is reasonably
clearly Greek, and Thiede has assigned it to GMark (late in Ch 6 I think).
There is of course a transcription of the text for what it's worth -- being
three lines of about five characters each.

What are current scholarly opinions on this fragment? How can such a
fragment be related to the other texts? Are there other bits that might
belong with it? Might it be a quotation in Greek originally inserted in a
Hebrew text?

Thanks

Ian Hutchesson