Re: DSS Course (monastery theory)

As neither the current documentary evidence nor the current archaeological
evidence seriously supports the monastery theory, it only complicates
interpretation of both. I cannot say definitively that the theory is wrong,
but I have my personal doubts. The theory was propagated under the auspices
of a number of Catholic fathers in the early fifties and all other ideas
were ridiculed by the monopolizers of the texts, making it extremely
difficult to show there were problems.

I would think the discussion has adequately been dealt with by Maxine
Grossman and Judith Wegner both on 5/3.

Ian Hutchesson