DSS Course

Friends,

The many postings which indicate that the conventional wisdom on the scrolls
is erroneous has placed me between Scylla and Charybdis.
Next semester I am to teach a course on the scrolls; but now serious doubts
have been raised about my course outline.  Like the serpent in the garden,
you have planted the seed of doubt in my soul and I must therefore ask your
help.
If the conventional wisdom is wrong- then what can one present to a group of
eager students as "fact" concerning the DSS?

Where is one to turn for the most up to date theories?  And in good
conscience what can one really say about the scrolls?

Thanks-

Jim West