[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
>From HuldrychZ@aol.com Sun Apr 21 21:10:45 1996
Received: from emout12.mx.aol.com by pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il (AIX 3.2/UCB 5.64/4.03)
id AA07303; Sun, 21 Apr 1996 21:10:45 +0300
Received: by emout12.mail.aol.com (8.6.12/8.6.12) id OAA18311 for firstname.lastname@example.org; Sun, 21 Apr 1996 14:10:03 -0400
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 14:10:03 -0400
I am attempting to find some consensus in DSS studies; and would like to
submit for your comment the following "theses", which may or may not be the
Thanks, ahead of time, for your help.
1. The Qumran community was an Essene Community
2. The Scrolls were written by or copied by these Essenes
3. The sect was an eschatological community secluded in the desert awaiting
the last war between the sons of light and the sons of darkness.
4. The sect followed the "Righteous Teacher" alone.
5. The inhabitants of Qumran were attacked and killed by the approaching
Roman army (in 68 CE).
Again, if you agree or disagree, please cite some further source so that I
can investigate it myself.