Tools for DSS

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 07:38:40 -0500 (CDT)
To: orion@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il
From: jordan@free.org (Richard Jordan)
Subject: Re: tools for DSS

>   I wonder if anyone can help me.  I'm looking for a tool that will help me
>in comparing NT Greek texts to the DSS.  If I was using the Hebrew Bible, I
could
>just use Hatch-Redpath, but this now adds another layer.  What I guess I'm
>looking for is something that might give some detailed info on the exact
>words used in a DSS text compared to its apparent counterpart in the HB.  I've
>found a little in the 2nd lit. but not of the volume I need.  As it is, I am
>having to do something like MEGALUNEI => Hatch-Redpath -> HB -> parallels in
>1QHodayot.  This is taking a long time.  ANy shortcuts out there?  Thanks.

There is one shortcut that perhaps has not been mentioned.
That is the Expanded Hebrew Index to Hatch and Redpath
by EC Dos Santos,
published by Dugith Publishers, Baptist House Jerusalem

I would have sent this privately, but this is a case of mangled headers
and no address in the signature

regards

richard jordan
jordan@free.org