Palestine with humor

Palestine, like Judea and Samaria, and the Golan heights, belong, first
and foremost to the realm of historical geography, and only secondarily to
contemporary political desiderata, realities or the opposite (depending on
one's political agenda).  Often when getting acquainted with someone on a
trip outside of Israel, and I am asked if I'm married, I reply, "I'm
married to a Palestinian". This immediately raises shocked, astonished,
astounded eyebrows, and then I assure them that my husband is indeed
Jewish, but since he was born in the days of the British Mandate, on his
birth certificate appears the legend: Jerusalem, Palestine.  ngcohen