Re: question

Dear Eric,
Take note that Yasser Arafat did in fact refer to Jesus as a
palestinian!  Why should I follow his guidance in chosing language?

There have been many requests to keep politics out of the Orion list.  I
fully agree, and since I seem to have been the flash point of this
current debate (actually I was making a sideline comment on the more
scholarly debate about who the first person was to refer to the Land of
Israel as Palestine) I will add my voice to the requests to now quiet the
debate and return to our ivory towers and Dead sea fortifications, caves,
monestaries, or however we want to describe the scriptoria, libraries and
genizot at the heart of Orion!
AVigdor Hurowitz
Dept. of Bible and ANE
Ben Gurion University of the Negev