Re: question

>Israel or Judaea.  Romans later renamed it Palestine.  There's no basis
>for the existence of a 5th-century BCE Palestine.

Agree. But there is a problem here. Judah in the fifth century is a very
tiny part of West-Jordan. What shall we call the whole area later (and
earlier) known as Palestine? And it was never called Israel in the fifth
century.

 Israel was ANOTHER part of West-Jordan, existing only up to 722.
Thereafter it is a non-geographical term adopted by Judeans.

Philip R Davies
Department of Biblical Studies
University of Sheffield