Re: question

There are several places one could look for the origins
of "sectarianism." One might want to take a look at
Alexander Rofe</>, "The Onset of Sects in Postexilix Judaism:
Neglected Evidence from the Septuagint, Trito-Isaiah, Ben Sira,
and Malachi." In Jack Neusner, et al. THE SOCIAL WORLD OF
FPRMATIVE CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM. Fortress, 1988. I think this
is a translation of an article originally published in Hebrew
in Jerusalem Kathedra (I don't have the exact biblio handy on
that one).

Best,
Ben Wright
Lehigh University