Re: Sadducees

You wrote:

>>     Dear Lechem:
>>         Does this exclude the hymn to King Jonathon? Would not this
>> document push the destruction later than the conflict between the
>> Alexandrian successors?
>>         Daniel McM
>>
>Sorry sir I am not familiar with this hymn. Please elaborate.
>Lechem

    Dear Lechem:
        Sorry for the delay in responding. (it has been a busy week for
all). The 'Hymn to King Jonathon' is 4Q448. My translation is from 'The
Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered' Eisenman and Wise, 1992, Penguin Books. If
I am not mistaken, it wasw also among the travelling exihibit of the
scrolls here in America. If this is the case, (and I just checked, it
is) you may veiw a copy at the Library of Congress website. That
translation is from Eshel, Eshel, and Yardeni - Israel Exploration
Journal (1991) 60:295-327
        Daniel McM