Re: "Love" in the DSS

>I know we are departing a bit from the focus of the list, but I would be
>interested in what you think the "theology of Leviticus" and Jeremiah
>might be, and what the differences might be.

There can be no doubt that the author of Leviticus is concerned with
sacrificial practice (primarily) while Jeremiah can be fairly said to be
opposed to priestly religion.  These are necessarily broad statements- as
they are out of context here, but nevertheless they point to the fact that
even within the Bible there are conflicting theologies; which is why each
dead sea scroll must be evaluated for its own theological message instead of
having other theologies superimposed on them.  This is all I intended to say,
really.

Jim West