Re: Walls not a fortress make

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Paul V. M. Flesher wrote:

> >David K.
>
> What is the evidence for Romans destroying manuscripts at Qumran?  The fact
> of deterioration?  After 2000 years, that is not evidence of anything but
> natural decomposition.
> Paul
I was under the impression that the Roman mutilation theory was based
upon the scrolls in cave four being in small shredded pieces. I thought
that the accepted theory for this was that the Romans hacked up the
scrolls that they found there. If this is an incorrect description of the
scrolls found in cave four, then there would appear to be even less
evidence for Romans destroying scrolls.

-David.