Re: The Language Question

Dear Netters,

I must say I find discussions about whether this or that
phrase is Aramaic or Hebrew to be odd. These are not
particularly rare languages and those phrases have surely
been adequately studied (if not studied ad nauseam) to
the result that there is no doubt what is what.

There wouldn't be anyway for scholars of the texts of
the period, who have learned their languages.

By the way, I am relieved that no-one is arguing where
1QS or the 4QEnoch manuscripts are Aramaic or Hebrew. They
are really quite distinct languages.

Michael Stone